This muffin recipe may be an antidote to constipation. Two alterations to a traditional muffin recipe boost the fiber content: flax seeds with water instead of a chicken egg and whole wheat or gluten-free flour instead of white flour. The fiber content helps encourage movement through the intestines to produce that desired #2.
Recipe inspired by Half Baked Harvest
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 bananas
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- ⅓ cup milk (dairy or nut)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or gluten free baking flour mix
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ground flaxseeds with the water. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a separate large bowl, mash the bananas. Add in the maple syrup or honey, milk, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Pour in the flaxseed mixture and combine.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt to combine.
- Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips!
- Divide the batter among muffin tins.
- Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes and enjoy!
This information is for educational purposes only and should not be taken as medical advice. Please consult a physician before treating any disorder.